Nao Hiro Rainy "Happy" Days

Nao Hiro Rainy "Happy" Days
Nao&Hiro Rainy days Wall paper available for download!!
1280x1024

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Ake Ome! Koto yoro! --- Nao


Ake-Ome! Koto-Yoro! (ah-keh oh-meh, ko-toh yo-ro)
This means Happy New Year, and hope to have a good year. “Ake ome! Koto yoro!” is a shorter version of “Ake mashite omedetou gozaimasu and “Kotoshimo yoroshiku onegai itashimasu.” As you can see, these sentences are too long to say for busy Japanese people… hahaha Well, anyways, young Japanese people started to say just first parts of each phrase. If you have Japanese friends, you should tell them “Ake Ome! Koto Yoro!” They’ll look at you like you are a genius!

So how were your holidays? Mine was awesome! I went to this place where you can make pottery. I wanted to make my own coffee cup, but I didn’t have time to make it, so I picked up a couple of animal shaped ceramics. I painted them with lots of colors. Ah, it was so much fun! The pottery place is going to glaze my finished ceramics and I’ll pick them up this Saturday. I cannot wait to see how they turn out.

I also went to a local bar and grill with Hiro. Listening to a local band, we had our late lunch. The band was pretty cool. Nothing can beat good live band music! Oh, and I had this dish called “Rattlesnake Eggs.” They WERE actual rattlesnake EGGS!!! …. Just kidding. But seriously, I loved them. They were chicken and cheese stuffed in a Jalapeno, and wrapped with Bacon. Oh my gosh, they were so “Oishii!!”. I think I’ll try to make it at home sometime.

Anyways, hope you guys had a safe and great New Year’s Eve, and Ake Ome! Koto Yoro!







Now I'll go to bed... so sleepy... Oyasumi--! (good night)






Hugs, Nao