Nao Hiro Rainy "Happy" Days

Nao Hiro Rainy "Happy" Days
Nao&Hiro Rainy days Wall paper available for download!!
1280x1024

Monday, December 31, 2007

Eggnog? No thank you. I want Amazake!

In 10+ hours, we’ll be starting a new year! Another new year. Around this time of year, I always think back on what happened during the year. There are always happy, exciting, crazy moments and times, but at the same time there are also sad, hurtful and depressing times. If you have any kind of social life, you always seem to encounter people who live their lives only for the purpose of hating, complaining about things, and basing on others. Not knowing or not willing to understand just how hurtful they can be. But what I’ve learned over the years is to just keep my head up and keep moving on.
And I remember what my grandma used to tell me…

“There is always something nice about every person, and that’s what you need to look for. Be strong, so that you can be nice to others. And if you don’t agree with others, talk and work it out.”

I also learned from her that material things don’t always make you fulfilled and happy. Many Japanese girls and guys buy brands like Gucci, Luis Vuitton, and Prada. I would rather spend the money on a trip to see the other side of the world. Experiencing things and learning things are much more valuable to me than carrying around those bags. I always thank my grandma for allowing me to realize what’s truly important in life. I remember my grandma during this time of the year, and I pull myself together to move on to the New Year.

Tomorrow will be better day.

Today is the day you can make things better for tomorrow.

Have a great New Year everybody!

P.S. “Amazake” is what Japanese people drink during a winter season, so it’s sort of like egg nog here in the U.S. “Amazake” is made from “Sake kasu”, which is sake lees. My grandma used to make it, and oh boy it was good. It warmed me up during the freezing cold winters in Japan. Even though it contains a bit of alcohol, you really don’t get drunk with it. It has a different taste, so it takes some getting used to, but if you ever have chance to try it, you should hold your nose and sip it. Don’t ever try to chug it. You would die… seriously, just don’t do it. Anyways, It’s good stuff.

Hugs, and Kanpai! (Cheers)
Nao