Nao Hiro Rainy "Happy" Days

Nao Hiro Rainy "Happy" Days
Nao&Hiro Rainy days Wall paper available for download!!
1280x1024

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

A Strawberry Shortcake - hiro



Good afternoon!!



Hello everyone! How have you been? It's been a while since I wrote on our blog.... i know.... but it has been crazy busy lately that I didn't really get a chance to sit down and write one:( I will try to update as much as I can though!



Lately, it's been so busy with my work and training.... so I basically come home and was trying to catch up my sleep everyday... so nothing really exciting was happening me this passed few weeks.... sad huh?



BUUUUUUT! I bake a strawberry shortcake last weekend for my friend's birthday!!
Hmmmm.... yummy! You know, I'm not trying to impress anyone here, but my cake is pretty famous among my friends and they just love it:) So, I bake a strawberry shortcake whenever I get a chance, like someone's birthday and any kinds of party. I think one of the biggest reason why my friends loves my cake so much is it is hard to buy a Japanese strawberry shortcake here in America. Of course, there are few place where you can buy it, but it always pricey for some reason... and nothing taste better than handmade cake right? haha.



So for those of you who never saw a Japanese shortcake, here is the pic.






It usually have 2 or 3 layers and we laid a lots of whipped Cream and Strawberries between sponges. Some people prefer to laid Bananas or peach instead though.
This cake is the most popular cake in Japan and we usually buy this cake for birthday or Christmas. (Of course, the cake is decorated differently for each occasions!!) If you haven't try the cake, I would love for you to try one day!!!
Hmmm~~ I really wished that I could share my cake with you:(



Oh, if you got a recipe off internet and tried to make one, make sure to buy Heavy Cream and whipped yourself. Do not use the cream that is already whipped and come in can because they melt and disappear in second once you laid on the sponges. ok?? If you desperately need my recipe, just shoot me an e-mail! I will give you my secret recipe:)



Oki-doki, I will talk to you later everyone!



Have a good one:)



Love,

Hiro